Books I have edited
Six of these were edited with other people (numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 8 in the list below).
These are all rather serious academic volumes, but those who are academically interested in the issues that these books cover will find quite a lot of interesting chapters by leading researchers in the field.
- The Transformation of the Communist Economies Against the Mainstream, Macmillan, London and Basingstoke, 1995 (co-editor: Peter Nolan). buy it from Amazon
- The Role of the State in Economic Change Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1995 (co-editor: Bob Rowthorn)
- Institutions and the Role of the State Edward Elgar, Aldershot, 2000 (co-editors: Ana Celia Castro and Leonardo Burlamaqui)
- Financial Liberalisation and the Asian Crisis Palgrave (Macmillan), Basingstoke and New York, 2001 (co-editors: Gabriel Palma and Hugh Whittaker)
- The Rebel Within: Joseph Stiglitz and the World Bank Anthem Press, London 2001 (a collection of writings by Joseph Stiglitz during his tenure at the World Bank, edited with a commentary by Ha-Joon Chang)
- Rethinking Development Economics Anthem Press, London, 2003
- Brazil and South Korea: Economic Crisis and Restructuring Institute of Latin American Studies, London, and the Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C., 2004 (co-editor: Edmund Amann)
- The Politics of Trade and Industrial Policy in Africa: Forced Consensus?, Trenton, New Jersey and Asmara, Eritria, Africa World Press, 2004 (co-editors: Charles Soludo and Osita Ogbu)
- Institutional Change and Economic Development United Nations University Press, Tokyo, and Anthem Press, London, 2007
- Public Policy in Agriculture in Historical Perspective, Routledge, Abingdon, 2011